Crisis Intervention Specialists
Various shifts available including part-time weekends, full-time weekdays; pay range is $15-$15.75/hour
Crisis Intervention Specialists (CIS) are the frontline shelter team who work directly with survivors of intimate partner violence and sexual violence. This role is key to the shelter operations as CIS utilize the Trauma Informed Care model in assisting the survivors in meeting their immediate basic needs when they first enter shelter. The CIS build rapport with the survivors and provide them with a safe and confidential environment.
This position is ideal for someone who is beginning their career in the field of social services.
Available Schedules: Monday-Friday, 12am -8am, 8am -4pm, 4pm-12am
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- answers the hotline and provide emotional support, safety planning and screen for shelter eligibility,
- provides emotional support, safety planning and referrals to survivors in shelter,
- assists in the supplemental case management and goal setting,
- maintains confidentiality, boundaries and professionalism in every interaction with survivors,
- assists with the day-to-day operations of the shelter,
- works as a positive thinking team member, and
- utilizes trauma informed care and best practices models.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license
- meet agency requirements for criminal background check
The Battered Women’s Shelter is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The Battered Women’s Shelter prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, of any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
To apply please email your resume to HR@hope-healing.org